Flash Fiction Month 2011

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I am an addict

I love the bookstore. My mom received a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas, and she wanted to spend it this afternoon. Of course I agreed to go along for company, and ended up spending almost exactly the same amount she did...except that I didn't have a gift card, because I spent it online two days ago. :P

I bought big girl books, though! (Mom was excited!)

Master and Commander by Tim O'Brien
I've been wanting to read this for some time now. I need a new series like I need a hole in the head, but this one seems so compelling!

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession by Allison Hoover Bartlett
This book followed me around the bookstore! I picked it up first in the True Crime section, and then I kept seeing it in different places around the store! Finally, I just grabbed it, because it clearly wanted to come home with me. It's a crime novel with a self-styled "bibliodick", a private eye who investigates book theft.

The Edge of the World: Terra Incognita (Book 1) by Kevin J. Anderson
Kevin J. Anderson is one of my preferred Star Wars novelists, this book is about maps, and the blurb on the back of the book contains the phrase "here be monsters". 'Nuff said.

Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
I've loved both the books I've read by this author. I blogged about Perfect Chemistry, and it looks likes Rules of Attraction should be added to the list of books I read last year and didn't blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment